Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fresh Lemon Ginger Tea

I realize I've been neglectful in my posting recently, but my life went on overdrive these past few weeks. I'm getting back into the groove of things, but here's my favorite caffeine-free hot beverage to tie you over until after the weekend.

This is what I drink when I'm sick. It's seen me through sore throats, swine flu, and just plain cold days. It's great to keep you hydrated, and the fresh vitamin C doesn't hurt either. If you have a fever, you can drink this hot or cold--just put it in the freezer for a bit to cool it down. I provide instructions for steeping the ginger, but frankly, I just throw the pieces into the mug and let them steep as I drink it.

Lemon Ginger Tea

Ingredients:
juice of half a lemon
1 2" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
8 oz boiling hot water

1. Pour hot water into a mug. Place ginger pieces in a tea strainer and steep in the hot water for 5 minutes.

2. Remove the ginger and discard. Juice the lemon into the mug and stir well, adding agave or sugar to sweeten.

No comments:

Post a Comment