Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Fever

And I don't mean that in a good way.

Corey and I both came down with a fever and cough Thanksgiving week, and though my fever started to break on Thanksgiving day and Corey's cough was improving, we made the tough decision to miss Thanksgiving at his uncle's house.

This is where we were instead:




'Sup couch? Nice to see you again.

It's no fun missing out on Thanksgiving (I had my wisdom teeth out the day before Thanksgiving when I was 18. I woke up from my Percoset nap, bloody drool dried in the corner of my mouth, saying, "you didn't wake me for dinner?" Apparently they tried. It's strong stuff.), but it's really disappointing to miss out on spending time with Corey's family.

Not that we would have been great company. A 103 degree fever doesn't bring the best out in anyone. Anyway, we're making the best of it now that our appetites are back by making noodle soup and vegan Thanksgiving leftovers: mashed potatoes and "turkey" salad sandwiches on biscuits.

And, we're having better cups of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment